Thursday, 25 May 2017

Tailor-made trials

You don't get to choose. You don't get to choose who disappoints you. Or who breaks your heart. Or much else for that matter. When it comes to trials, I mean. You don't get to choose the tests you go through in life.

If we had the choice, many of us wouldn't choose the trials we have to face. We'll probably pick someone else's. I do that sometimes, I'm like, God, why are you letting me go through this? You know I'm not strong; I can't take it. But then He reminds me that I can. You see, His word says that His grace is sufficient for me, His strength made perfect in my weakness. When I am weak, He is strong. Also, I'm not going through those trials on my own; Jesus has been there, done that. So He completely gets what I'm going through. And He walks me through it.

You see, God has a tailor-made plan and purpose for your life. One that He prepared before you were even a twinkle in your parents' eyes. And every experience you've had in life, whether good or bad, is part of the journey of discovering and living that purpose. He works all things together for the good of those that love Him. All things. It doesn't mean that life won't suck at times; of course it will. It just means that life won't break us. Heck, even death can't break us. 'He who believes in me, even though he dies, shall live'. Jesus said that by the way (John 11:25).

So, when you go through one of those moments, seasons, whatever you want to call it, just remember that He has a plan, and it's a darn good one, and it's all working together for your ultimate good. Because He said so.

3 comments: