So, it's out there in the open. I'll be 27 in a couple of months (ish) and yeah I know, I can't believe I'm that young either. Anyway, I was in the shower the other day, doing some thinking (my best place to think by the way, which is why I spend so long in there!) and I realised that I needed to do something for my birthday. I could go ahead and do the whole partying thing, or going out for a meal thing, but to be honest, all that does get a bit boring after a while. And I always feel kinda bad making people pay to come out for my birthday. So I thought maybe I could do something different. Then the idea came to me- 27 things, counting down 27 days before my birthday, all the way to the 19th (of October). Genius. Ok, not really, I know people do this sort of thing all the time, but just not anyone I know.
Anyhoo, I got really excited as I started to think about the numerous things that I could do, but then I thought, wouldn't it be fab if I could get other people involved as well? So, I've come up with a little list for now, and I would love for you to give me some more ideas, so that I can add to the list. I have a few rules though, which I will share. But please put out as many ideas as you want out there, and I will decide which to go for around a couple of days before the countdown begins. Also, I'm thinking I could blog everyday (during the countdown) to keep you guys updated on what I did. And I may put up some pictures as well, depending on how generous I'm feeling!
Now to the rules;
1. Cost- Whatever I do cannot be too expensive. It would be great if it didn't cost me anything, or if it costs as little as possible (unless it's something absolutely amazing that I wouldn't mind paying for), for obvious reasons- I don't want to be bankrupt by the time my birthday comes!
2. It can't be anything rude or illegal. Hint: I'm a Christian, so whilst I'm up for having fun, I'm not up for compromising.
3. It would be good if it's something I can do either on my way to work in the morning, at work (during my half-hour lunch break of course), or after work. Yes, I spend most of my time at work. But weekends should be fine.
4. It can't be anything too crazy, like bungee jumping, or anything that would involve me risking my life, because I won't do it. Sorry, I do want to see my 27th birthday.
5. Try and incorporate the number 27 into it if you can, but it's not a must.
6. Similar to rule number 4, it can't be too physically tasking. I am a young soon-to-be 27 year old woman. I'm not that strong physically.
7. It doesn't have to be all about me. Something that could bring a smile to the face of someone else would be good too.
I think that's it. But I may add more rules if I remember any. Here's the list I've come up with for now.
27 things to do before I'm 27:
In no particular order;
1. Buy 27 dresses (literally, or the movie dvd - to be decided before the countdown begins)
2. Hug 27 strangers
3. Tell 27 people about Jesus
4. Visit 'Restaurant 27' and dine there for free (hopefully!). I actually googled this restaurant and was pleasantly surprised to find that it existed! And it's in the UK! What are the chances eh?!
5. Get that coat.
6. Give away 27 personal items
7. Go speed dating (ha! I put this in for fun, but if someone can convince me...)
Right, the rest are for you guys to complete. Let me know your thoughts, and if I get enough responses, who knows, this could be the bestest birthday present ever!